Monday, March 30, 2009

Upcycling CD Covers

Wanna help save the planet? Learn to upcycle. Recycling is an awesome way to keep our landfills from overflowing but upcycling can help cut down on pollution and energy use as well.

As Americans, we take for granted the ability to "replace" items and toss out the old versions of our stuff without asking ourselves, "how else could this be useful?" Some times just little effort can go a long way!

I have become addicted to upcycling. Every time I see someone's "junk" on the curb to be picked up by the city I immediately start thinking of what I could make out it.

For example, at the grocery where I work the supplements department had some displays they were throwing out to make way for the new ones. I got my hands on one of the old displays and it now serves as a soap rack for our shower!

And something we probably all have laying around the house are old CD covers. I've taking a couple of mine and upcycled them into little journals! One of them even sold on my Etsy site!

You can check out the process at http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_Reduce_Recycling_by_Upcycling_CD_Covers_Mo/

No comments:

Post a Comment